The LodeStone Center is a private practice that provides mental health counseling services in McHenry County. We have a number of therapists that work with a wide range of ages and issues, and can usually schedule a first visit within a week. Our clinic provides counseling to children, teens, adults, couples, and families. If you have questions, or would like to schedule a first appointment, please fill out the contact form on this page and we’ll contact you as soon as possible or you can call our office at 847-802-4058.
What is Mental Health Counseling?
Counseling services differ depending on the age of the person receiving services and what issues they are there to address. Counseling can be provided for children, teens, and adults in and individual or family setting. Counseling can also focus on couples or marital issues. Mental health counseling focuses on processing through emotions or issues that may cause negative symptoms, along with learning new skills and tools to help you cope with those negative symptoms. Mental health counseling is a shifting and adapting process that is always tailored to your individual needs.
Some common benefits include:
- Learn new ways to handle problems
- Improves ability to manage stress
- Improves distressing symptoms
- Improves relationships (family, peer, work)
- Improved communication skills and ability to connect with others
- Greater acceptance of ourselves and improved self-esteem
- Improved ability to manage difficult feelings and express them in healthy ways (e.g., anger, sadness, disappointment)
- Relief from depression, anxiety, or other mental health diagnoses
- Helps identify underlying causes of symptoms
How do I get started?
The best place to start is to meet with a mental health professional. They can help diagnose the problem, recommend a specific intervention (therapy, medications, or both), and answer questions about the process. If you have questions, and would like to speak to one of our mental health professionals, simply fill out our contact form and someone from the office will be in touch with you shortly or you can contact us by phone at 847-802-4058.